For nearly 50 years Louisenlund has belonged to the global network of the Round Square schools. From Australia to Bermuda and the United States, 150 schools with similar educational principles, have joined together to interact and support each other in their holistic approach to education.
Today, the organization's goals can be summarized in the form of the IDEALS:
- Exchange and visits with RS schools worldwide and other partners;
- IB world school; and
- gap placement at RS schools (and Colby College, Maine, USA).
- MUN with partner schools;
- School parliament;
- Politics society; and
- Debating society.
- Environmental research projects on board Louisenlund's research ship "Kurt Hahn"
- Bee keeping;
- Bio gas plant;
- Solar panels; and
- Student survey: energy efficiency.
- Kutter and traditional boat sailing;
- Outward Bound Year 9; and
- High ropes.
- School captain and house captains;
- Captains of activities; and
- Student coaching (for other students).
- Transport of goods to parts of east Prussia;
- Fundraising for children in Ruanda and Kenya;
- Environmental project with polis partners; and
- Student participation in PR and marketing, management of events bringing the local community into school.
International meetings within the RS framework, opportunities for exchange, participation in service projects and conferences are some of the ways in which our students experience the RS IDEALS.
An important prerequisite for these global activities and thus the holistic and international approach to education for cosmopolitan competence is provided by bilingual teaching.
The Round Square representative of Louisenlund, Catherine Donovan, coordinates international activities together with students from the RS Guild.: “Due to the many international opportunities, our students learn very early on what internationalism in everyday life means.”