Since 1949, the Louisenlund Foundation has been leading young people to the Abitur and IB Diploma as a private school and boarding school in Schleswig-Holstein. Situated in a beautiful landscape directly on the banks of the Schlei, the grounds offer excellent conditions for teaching and living. The boarding school, which has been certified as an IB World School since 2008, not only accompanies the school career of the "Louisenlunder". Promoting the personal and individual development of students in a strong community as well as preparing them for their future globalized professional life are maxims of one of the leading boarding schools in Germany and Europe. We stand for the aspiration to enable young people to understand the world of today and to be able to shape it responsibly with new ideas of tomorrow.
Teacher (m/f/d) of mathematics and one or more natural sciences (biology and physics preferred)
We’re looking fill the following position for our IB World School starting on 1st August 2019: a competent and committed teacher (m/w/d) of mathematics and one or more natural sciences (biology and physics preferred). You will have the opportunity to help young people develop as independent personalities, to cultivate their talents, and to strengthen their intellectual curiosity.more
Small courses of 5-18 students enable differentiated teaching and learning. Our idyllic natural setting and picturesque campus provide an ideal working environment for educators and learners. An innovative spirit and new ideas to help us shape a Louisenlund Pedagogy for the 21st century are welcome.
- You have a teacher certification and/or experience working as a teacher (preferably in the IB Diploma Programme or Middle Years Programme).
- You are passionate about your subject area and enthusiastic about working together with young people.
- You are interested in working to shape Louisenlund pedagogy for the 21st century.
- You are willing to familiarize yourself with the unique pedagogical concept of Louisenlund and to take part in professional development workshops as well as the school development process.
- You speak and write English fluently and (preferably) have some knowledge of or competence in the German language.
- the opportunity to work within the boarding community as a boarding houseparent for a group of up to 15 boys or girls (optional).
- a fully equipped school campus with excellent facilities in a beautiful natural setting.
- campus housing for boarding houseparents.
- an exceptional in-house professional development programme with travel opportunities for further IB professional development.
- small learning groups.
- an extensive and diverse extra-curricular programme and the possibility of taking part in or offering extra-curricular experiences for students.
- a network of 170 Round Square schools.
- various partnerships with external educational partners.
- a committed, dedicated, and team-oriented faculty.
- an attractive compensation package based on the German TV-L (collective wage agreement).
We look forward to receiving your application starting on 11th January 2019. Please send all application materials to:
Human Resources Coordinator
T +49 4354 999 301