Louisenlund als Arbeitgeber
Die gemeinnützige Stiftung Louisenlund in Schleswig-Holstein führt seit 1949 als privates Internat, Ganztagsgymnasium, IB World School, Grundschule und als plus-MINT Talentzentrum junge Menschen zum Abitur und zum IB Diploma. In wunderschöner landschaftlicher Lage, direkt am Ufer der Schlei gelegen, bietet das Gelände hervorragende Unterrichts- und Lebensbedingungen.
Louisenlund steht für einen Dreiklang aus bestmöglicher akademischer Bildung, Persönlichkeits- und Charakterentwicklung und dem Leben in einer starken Gemeinschaft. Louisenlund will jungen Menschen ermöglichen, die Welt von heute zu verstehen und die Welt morgen mit neuen Ideen verantwortlich mitzugestalten.
Mit der neu entwickelten Louisenlunder Pädagogik, attraktiven neuen Lehr- und Lerngebäuden und exzellenten Arbeitsbedingungen untermauert Louisenlund den Anspruch, zu den besten Schulen und Internaten in Deutschland und der Welt zu gehören. Hierfür benötigen wir engagierte Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter, die diesen Anspruch Wirklichkeit werden lassen.
Teachers of English, Economics, Mathematics, Visual Arts and German to supplement the existing IB World School faculty (part-time possible)
Starting on August 1st 2023
We’re looking to fill the following position for our IB World School starting on 1 st August 2023 competent and committed teachers of English, Economics, Mathematics, Visual Arts and German to supplement the existing IB World School faculty (part-time possible).
The non-profit foundation Louisenlund in Schleswig-Holstein has managed a private, secondary boarding school since 1949 and has been an IB World School offering the IB Diploma Programme since 2008. We are also a candidate school for the IB Middle Years Programme. Additionally, we are an accredited New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) school and a member of the Global Education Benchmark Group (GEBG). Louisenlund stands for a modern, holistic, and academically rigorous education in both the English and German languages. Moreover, the foundation works toward the development of each student’s character and personality within a strong community. It is our commitment to help young people understand the world of today and work responsibly and innovatively to create a better world for the future.
You will have the opportunity to help young people develop as independent personalities, to cultivate their talents, and to strengthen their intellectual curiosity. Small courses of 5-18 students enable differentiated teaching and learning. Our idyllic natural setting and picturesque campus provide an ideal working environment for educators and learners. An innovative spirit and new ideas to help us shape a Louisenlund Pedagogy for the 21st century are welcome.
- You have a teacher certification and/or experience working as a teacher (preferably in the IB Diploma Programme or Middle Years Programme).
- You are passionate about your subject area and enthusiastic about working together with young people.
- You are interested in working to shape Louisenlund pedagogy for the 21st century.
- You are willing to familiarize yourself with the unique pedagogical concept of Louisenlund and to take part in professional development workshops, as well as the school development process.
- You speak and write English fluently and (preferably) have some knowledge of or competence in the German language
- the opportunity to work within the boarding community as a boarding houseparent for a group of up to 15 boys or girls (optional).
- a fully equipped school campus with excellent facilities in a beautiful natural setting.
- campus housing for boarding houseparents.
- an exceptional in-house professional development programme with travel opportunities for further IB professional development.
- small learning groups.
- an extensive and diverse co-curricular programme and the possibility of taking part in or offering co-curricular experiences for students.
- a network of over 200 Round Square schools.
- various partnerships with external educational partners.
- a committed, dedicated, and team-oriented faculty.
- an attractive compensation package based on the German TV-L/West (collective wage agreement).
The position is initially limited to two years, which can be extended to a long-term position.
Can you imagine working to help us design the school of the future? Then you should apply by 15th May 2023 at https://www.louisenlund.de/karriere!
Thank you for your understanding that we only accept online applications. Applications sent by post cannot be processed. Original documents will not be returned.online bewerben